Welcome, friends, to the brand new site for The Blog Stop! Here you’ll find all things blog design to help you have a blog that’s designed better & converts higher.
But why is blog design so important? Important enough to create an entire website of blog design resources, courses, tips & templates around it.
1. Blog design is your first impression.
Unfortunately, when it comes to blogging, readers are going to judge a book by it’s cover. It’s what we do. We’re visual beings and we’re more attracted to things that look good. It’s important to create a beautifully designed blog because the way your blog looks is the first impression you’ll make with every single person who visits your blog. Think of it as a big party you’re attending, full of a bunch of people you don’t know. You want to look good when you show up to this party. You want to make a good first impression, because, chances are if you look attractive & approachable, more people are going to want to talk to you and get on board with what you’re doing.
2. Blog design keeps you competitive.
In a world where blogging is the new start-up, visual content is king and the better your blog design, the more clicks, reads, shares & features your blog will get. If your blog looks like you haphazardly slapped something together, readers are going to take their time and energy elsewhere.
3. Blog design gives your blog personality.
Would you want to hang out with someone that has zero personality? Chances are, no. You’re most likely drawn to people who are transparent, easy to get to know and not afraid to be themselves. It’s the same with blogging. If you really want to engage readers and keep them coming back for more, you need to share your personality with them. A great and easy way to do that is through the visuals on your blog or your blog design.
In honor of this week’s big launch, I’ve been sharing 4 of my best, actionable design tips over on my Instagram Story. If you missed the series, you can still get the tips by downloading my Blog Design cheatsheet below!
This site if FULL of valuable blog design resources including:
- My FREE course, Design School for Bloggers – if you’re new to design and need a little help getting started creating branded graphics for your blog, this is a great place to start!
- New Blogger Bootcamp – a course for bloggers just getting started. Learn how to purchase & set-up your custom domain, hosting, WordPress site and more! This course also includes the exclusive, premium WordPress theme, Modern Blogger.
- BlogShop Designs – head over to the BlogShop to browse our beautiful and modern pre-made blog designs.
- BlogShop Social Media Kits – packs of 30 Photoshop templates perfectly designed to promote your blog across all social media platforms
There is so much more blog design goodness to come and I’m so excited to finally get to share this space with you!
If you missed this week’s Instagram story series on blog design, be sure to grab the FREE cheatsheet below.
Happy blogging friends!